This post is sponsored by Seventh Generation. As always, all content and opinions are my own.
Busy moms, kind of redundant, right? I don’t know about you guys, but with all the time we spend at home, the mess that the five of us build every day is mind boggling!
I’m going to be honest with you. As much as I’m a type-A, we definitely don’t and can’t have a clean house every day. Some days, it really is all about survival. But, in the same vein, cleaning is a necessity. And you guys already know that cleaning the kitchen nightly is my weird ‘wind down’ time, too. 🙂
Trying to stay on top of cleaning and doing all the laundry is so time consuming. But, it has to get done, right?
Every Day Cleaning Tips and Hacks for Busy Moms
I’ve been loving the Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaning Spray. If you don’t want to overload your home on chemical-heavy cleaners, try this sustainable option that actually works. It’s made with essential oils and other natural ingredients to deliver fresh, spotless results without harsh chemicals.
I feel better since it’s safe to use around kids and pets. I picked up the three pack on our last BJ’s Wholesale Club shipment from the App. You can’t beat the club value to keep up the endless cleaning for much less.
How or What to Clean First
If you’re like me, you get distracted from your cleaning routine. I’ve noticed that when I follow this cleaning pattern, I stay focused and motivated to get the task(s) done faster!
- Start cleaning from your least used room to your most used room. It’s quicker to do and it’s mentally motivating to get through the first few rooms to tackle the ‘dirtiest’ rooms later.
- Start cleaning each room from top to bottom. Wipe down ceiling fans, dust curtains and dressers, wipe down counter tops (with my go to Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaning Spray!) and work your way down to the floor. Vacuum last so that you make sure to get every last crumb and dust ball swept up!
- Vacuum your way out of a room. Start in the corner or area that is the furthest from the door and vacuum your way out. Best for the beautiful vacuum lines (ha-ha!) and making sure that you don’t end up having to vacuum an area twice because of crumbs and dust balls being swept into the room!
- Pick up and purge! I use every chance I can to downsize all the clutter in each room. On cleaning days, the boys (and David!) know that anything on the floor or not in its place is up for grabs to go in the toss or donate pile. I swear it’s motivation to keep cleaning and gets the actual job done faster with how quickly my family moves for the ‘purge’!
- Clean a little every day. You guys already know how I clean my kitchen daily. It’s just my thing, it calms me down after a crazy day. AND it lessens the load on the big cleaning day. Another thing that I do daily is pick-up in the living room and our dining area. Doing a little daily maintenance in our biggest, most used spaces really does help with keeping the house clean overall on a regular basis.
Super Easy Cleaning Hacks
There’s a ton of cool cleaning hacks out there, but for me, simplicity is the key to cleaning hacks. Anything that saves me time with minimal effort on my part is a win, here are some of my regular go-to’s:
- Add Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaning Spray to your toilet brush holder to give it a nice scent. It is good for cleaning your toilet, each time you use your toilet brush too!
- Getting the sticky, dirty plastic toys is super easy if you throw them into the dishwasher. Make sure to run it on a short, low temperature cycle and most plastic toys will come out clean as new! (Don’t forget to leave out plastic toys that have battery parts).
- For kitchen sinks (and bathrooms too!), I clean out the drains using baking soda, vinegar and pouring hot water down. For in and around the sink surface, I use Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaning Spray to wipe away the dirt and grime and food stains. Smells SO good and gets the sinks sparkling clean. (I’m also loving the Seventh Generation Dish Liquid, too!)
- Toilet cleaning tip! For my boy moms, especially, do not forget to lift all the plastic parts of the toilet up. Not just the lid, but the plastic cover on the back of the toilet seat, the toilet skirt, and the surrounding areas of the toilet. You’d be surprised at how dirty all of those areas can get. If your bathroom stinks, you can be 99% certain that that’s where the odor is coming from! Trust me, I know. I learned the hard way. I use Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaning Spray all throughout our house. But I love it especially for the kids’ rooms and bathroom. With everything they touch, I feel good knowing that Seventh Generation products are plant based and free of harsh chemicals.
- The best and the quickest ways to clean sponges is to put them in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. This will kill the germs and bacteria the sponge has gathered.
- Cleaning jewelry hack! When is the last time you gave your wedding rings a good clean? Super simple to get your rings shiny is to mix dish soap (Seventh Generation Dish Liquid smells so good!) and hot water in equal parts. Soak your rings (and other jewelry) for 20 minutes. Scrub with an old toothbrush to get your jewelry extra shiny!
My Go To Products for Every Day Cleaning and Laundry
For the never-ending piles of laundry, I’ve been using Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent for the last year. The size and value that BJ’s Wholesale Club offers is a must-have for our family of five. I’ve lost count of how many loads I do on a weekly basis, but you all have seen it over on Instagram, so you get the idea. 🙂 We do a lot of laundry. Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent is plant-based with no dyes, synthetic fragrances, or artificial brighteners. BUT, it has the cleaning power to get rid of all the kids’ stains! 🙂 Win, win.
No real hack other than to say the only thing that’s really “worked” for our family is to do a couple of loads every 2-3 days. When we have one BIG laundry day, it just drains the heck out of me. AND the piles just sit and sit for days. When David or I throw in a load or two every couple of days, we are both better about folding and putting it away than doing an obscene amount of endless laundry on the weekends.
I wish I had a laundry hack for you. But, let’s be honest, I’m a hot mess when it comes to a laundry schedule. 🙂 So, I’ll wait for your tips on laundry!
Don’t forget to add Seventh Generation products to your next BJ’s Wholesale Club App or online order! So easy and convenient to shop for pick-up in store or shipment direct to your home.
Every Day Cleaning Tips and Hacks for Busy Moms