If you’re looking for a protein packed, delicious green smoothie recipe, you’ve found it! Read below for a simple & easy green smoothie recipe packed with the best fruits and vegetables.
We are forging our way through living healthier this year. It seems more prudent than ever to take daily care of ourselves, even in the midst of caring for our littles.
David’s been making this green smoothie for years as a post workout fuel drink. His servings are pretty generous, so it works as a meal replacement for me, too.
Here is his go to simple & easy green smoothie recipe:
Ingredients for green smoothie:
- 2.5 scoops protein powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- Half an apple
- 1 kiwi
- 3 strawberries
- 5 grapes
- Half an orange
- Quarter cup frozen pineapple
- Quarter cup frozen mango
- 1 avocado
- 3 kale stalks
- 5 cups spinach
- Half cup baby carrots
- 1 small tomato
- Half cup of ice
- Most importantly in our house – 2 cups broccoli sprouts (optional)
How to make David’s green smoothie:
- Pour milk and protein powder into blender and start blending on low speed
- Add grapes
- Add broccoli sprouts (optional)
- Add soft fruits (orange, kiwi), avocado, tomato, carrots
- Add kale, spinach, blend on high speed
- Mix with a spoon as needed for greens
- Add strawberries, apple, frozen fruit, keep blender on high
- Add a handful of ice
- DAVID – “just throw it all in and blend baby!”
He wanted me to add the following disclosure:
If you’re looking for a sweet smoothie that tastes like a non-alcoholic daiquiri, then this isn’t for you.
This simple and easy green smoothie recipe is filled with so many good nutrients.
I’d like to add to his disclosure though that it definitely has a sweet taste and flavor. It really is so good and delicious, I look forward to it after every work out.
Let us know if you try it and how you like it! I’ll update this tomorrow with a recipe pin you can save or print. You can also press the email button and send it to yourself for later!
simple & easy green smoothie recipe