I received free product and compensation from hydraSense® to write this post. All opinions are my own.
Disclosure: Please note that I am not a medically trained professional. I have provided an overview of what has worked for my family, but please consult with a professional for any health-related questions.
As a mom, I like using drug-free solutions as often as possible to make my kids feel better. I make sure to stock up on hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Nasal Mist, only available at Walgreens, that comforts my kids’ dry and uncomfortable nasal passages. The saline solution is made with mineral-rich, 100% naturally sourced seawater from the Bay of Saint-Malo, France, whose powerful tides constantly renew the seawater’s composition. I love that hydraSense® offers soothing, drug-free and ready-to-use nasal care products.
Check out the whole hydraSense® daily nasal care line, which consists of hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Nasal Mist, hydraSense® Nasal Care Single-Use Vials, and hydraSenseTM Soft Comfort Tip Nasal Aspirator, available only at Walgreens or walgreens.com.
For infants under six months, please consult your pediatrician prior to use.
How to Use hydraSense® Nasal Spray For Your Kids
It took me a few tries (and a few kids LOL) to get the hang of using nasal spray on the boys, but for the most part, they all do really well with it. Here’s how I use nasal spray for my kids:
- Have your child sit next to you and support him with one arm. Use your other arm to use the hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Nasal Mist. Make sure that you read the directions for use of the product in advance.
- My five-year-old tilts his head back just a bit, so that it gets in without spilling over to his mouth.
- Gently squirt the hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Nasal Mist into one nostril, then the other.
- My five year old and two year old are good about blowing their noses following the spray.
- For the most part, I try to encourage them to help me make them feel better and try to make it a pleasant experience.
- When you use the hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Nasal Mist, be sure to wash the comfort tip.
While we have to wait for dry nasal passages to take its natural course, I love that the hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Nasal Mist makes my kids feel more comfortable. My son loves that it’s a quick way for him to feel comfort and go back to his busy day of playing with his brothers. He likes to play “doctor,” while we use the nasal mist and loves that the little spray of the nasal mist makes him feel better when he needs it.
How to Use Nasal Spray For Your Kids