10.24.16

My Perfect Mess: Fall Crafts for Kids & Their Pinterest Fail Mom

Fall Crafts for Kids & Their Pinterest Fail Mom

Need a Halloween craft idea to do with your kids? Read below for My Perfect Mess – inspired easy fall crafts!

img_3130

Happy One Week until Halloween, Friends! Today, your go-to Pinterest Fail Mom (me!) has an easy Fall craft that you can enjoy with your little ones as you get into the spirit of Halloween!

My kids, especially my Threenager, LOVE arts and crafts. Finger painting is a common activity in our house that keeps both kids busy for some time. (Cue Angels Singing!) It may be messy, but it’s definitely fun and of course, it’s easy for us non-crafty moms!

my perfect mess 2

Supplies You’ll Need:

• Variety of finger paints (non-toxic!)
  • Paper plates
  • Halloween printouts
  • White mini pumpkins
  • Paintbrushes
  • Cup of water
  • Paper Towels and Wipes

my perfect mess 3

Seriously, the set up is so easy! Just pour small amounts of paint onto the paper plates and let your kids go to town on the printable and pumpkins!

img_3107 img_3124

I’ve learned in my almost four years of parenting to just let go and live in the moment with most things in life. One of those things is to know that having a clean kitchen (or house for that matter!) isn’t likely to happen until my kids are in college. And in all honesty, I’m totally okay with it!

img_3122

I want to look back on these years of parenting my babies and know that I spent the time enjoying the moments. I want to remember laughing with them and getting messy with them. Because that’s what matters in life. This is truly “my perfect mess,” and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

img_3137 img_3120

Have you guys heard of STAINMASTER®? Their floors stands up to the wear and tear of everyday life, so we can live comfortably in our homes. My Perfect Mess is spending an afternoon with my two boys and enjoying a simple activity, getting messy, all while laughing creating works of toddler art!

img_3133
Thanks to
STAINMASTER® and their My Perfect Mess contest for sponsoring today’s post. As always the content and opinions expressed here are my own.

Fall Crafts for Kids & Their Pinterest Fail Mom

28 Comments

1. Painting always scares me with kids lol but I think they just look like they are having so much fun! I might have to suck it up and let them do it 🙂 Good idea about painting the pumpkin

2. Lindsay wrote:

What a great idea! My toddler will lOVE this. I’ve never done fingerpainting before and it looks like so much fun. What a perfect fall craft.

3. Megan wrote:

This looks like so much fun!

Published 10.24.16
  4. So fun! I have yet to do a messy craft w/my kids…ugh I’m such a clean freak but maybe outside ; )

5. Sarah Jean wrote:

Forget the kids…this looks fun for this Pinterest fail wife 🙂

6. Lauren wrote:

I have a bunch of mini pumpkins so I know what we’ll be doing this week! So fun! And I need to check out StainMaster and enter!

7. Patricia wrote:

So fun and my kids actually have a craft table where they can paint away and get as messy as they want. Well almost. LOL

8. Dani Adams wrote:

Love the pumpkin painting. I really admire that you let the kids get messy and use their fingers. I always encourage some messy fun with our little’s.

9. Lauren wrote:

I love this!! Sometimes the simple crafts are the most fun for kids

10. Zan Turner wrote:

Ha ha, I love it! The kids look like they are having so much fun! I agree about the Pinterest fail ..lol… It does not take much great ideas to make a good kid activity!! My Perfect Mess sounds like a perfect idea to me because well, lately that is exactly how I would describe our crafts and activities. Paint in hair, on faces, all over the place. Thanks for the inspiration – glad I am not alone.

Published 10.24.16
  11. We need to paint pumpkins!! Such a good project! London is really into EATING all of the crafts that we try to do .. so I’ll keep trying 😉

12. Belle wrote:

Looks so much fun! I honestly think the messier it is; the more fun for them.

One Awesome Momma

Published 10.24.16
  13. Looks definitely like fun! And although i am not crafty at ALL (so could probably join you in the pinterest fail mom group soon) i am looking forward to be able to do these kind of things with my little guy soon!

14. Rose wrote:

Even if you can’t live with a messy house you know your kids had the most fun ever using that paint and painting their pumpkins! I think when they are little painting a pumpkin is more fun then watching mom cut and carve the pumpkin.

Published 10.24.16
  15. Thank you for the reminder that memories and moments are more important than spotless houses! I have not been brave enough to try activities that result in messes, but I know my son would enjoy them. I needed this reminder of what’s more lasting and important in motherhood. While I do think a reasonably clean home is important for a comfortable environment, enjoying time together in that home is pretty darn important, too. 🙂

Published 10.24.16
  16. Great, GREAT ideas! I have tons of friends with kids that are not super crafty, so they will totally love this. I don’t have kids yet, but these ideas are great to do with my nieces! Thanks for sharing!

Published 10.24.16
  17. i LOVE painting pumpkins with my kids!! so much fun!

18. jessica wrote:

i’m always hesitant to let my kids do messy crafts!

Published 10.24.16
  19. Wow those floors sound amazing!! We need to get new ones soon. thanks for sharing!

20. Allison wrote:

I miss fingerpainting lol! Your children did a beautiful job painting their pumpkins and not your entire house 🙂

Published 10.24.16
  21. “Pinterest fail Mom!” I love that! That is so me in the area of crafts! And yours looks more fun!

22. Morgan wrote:

Adorable ideas! I love painting pumpkins rather than carving them anyways! 🙂

23. Jennifer L wrote:

Oh how fun! I have small cousins and so this is perfect activity to do with them. Love pumpkin painting.

Published 10.25.16
  24. Ayanna wrote:

Love it! I know my kids enjoy finger painting , yet the mess does scare me at times. 🙂 But this is definitely a perfect mess! With all the mini pumpkins around, we’ll have to do this soon.

Published 10.25.16
  25. Love paint time!! I always do this outside, I can’t handle the mess inside! lol

Published 10.25.16
  26. What a great contest! And I love the idea of having different items out for them to paint on, not just paper, but also pumpkins. I bet that adds a fun twist for the kids!

Published 10.25.16
  27. Malissa wrote:

So cute ???? love your photography skills and those pumpkins are adorable! Awesome giveaway from stainmaster!!!!

I can’t wait to do more light and fun posts after my series is over!!!!

Published 10.25.16