10.3.16

Mom Life Mondays: Blog Link Up #6 (Vegas Vacation Recap)

Happy Monday, lovelies! I hope you all are refreshed from a relaxing weekend with your loved ones!

Fall is in full swing here in Michigan. It rained most of last week and part of this weekend. But, on Saturday afternoon, we were able to squeeze in a quick stop at our local cider mill for some fresh cider and warm donuts! The kids had a blast at the petting zoo and riding ponies!

a58ea6c1-5aad-49da-a46f-e424ab3940c7-1

Before I start endlessly Instagramming our fall activities, I wanted to do a quick recap of our wknd trip to Vegas for our anniversary. It was a glorious weekend full of lots of sleep, food, sun/pool, and cirque shows! We saw two!

This was our third trip to Vegas together. The last was over 8 years ago, when D was 27 and I was 25! I wanted it to be a special trip since it was for our anniversary. D originally thought we were spending the week on a family beach vacation! It was an exciting trip for us both! And a great way for us to reconnect and get recharged for our work and parent life back home.

66f95076-b3e1-4dd1-a8c8-736b815b5638

There are so many hotels to choose from in Vegas. But, I stayed at the Palazzo the last couple of times with my girlfriends and loved it, so I booked us a room. At check-in, they moved us over to their sister hotel, The Venetian. Our room was spacious to say the least and perfect for two parents needing a copious amount of uninterrupted sleep!

We ate endlessly during our stay. From sushi to burgers to brunch buffets to Korean bbQ at an old hole in the wall restaurant we dined at on our last trip; our stay was utterly and totally a gluttonous one. No lie, I think I gained five pounds during our long weekend stay.

img_8914

We’ve always been fans of the Cirque shows, so I bought tickets to see “O” on our anniversary. D ended up winning at Blackjack and his football bets, so we ended up going to see “Love” the next night as well. Both shows are great, but if I had to choose, I think O is my favorite of the two.

img_8918

And just for fun, since I got to take my time taking a hot shower and getting dolled up for three nights in a row, I had to document our outfits! You can shop our looks in the widget below too!

img_8917 img_8719

It was a wonderful weekend getaway. I’m sure it’ll be another 8 years before we make it back there again. (I hope not!) But, Vegas will always have a special place in my heart!

Don’t forget to share your blog posts in the link up below! I look forward to reading your posts!

Have you heard of blog link ups? Join us for our Mom Life Mondays link up below!

What is a blog link-up you ask? It’s a regular post that I’ll have here on Mondays (not sure if it’ll be weekly or monthly or bimonthly yet), but a place you can come to find the latest and greatest blog posts about all things motherhood.

If you’re a blogger, please feel free to drop a link to a current motherhood-related blog post. I just ask that you follow the instructions detailed below!

As we get further into it, I’ll come up with topics that will keep us to a theme, but for now, please feel free to post current / new links related to anything and everything mom-life!

We also started a AM (Mondays 11EST) and PM (Thursdays 9EST) chat loop on Instagram! Please follow: Morgan @morganmanages for the AM chat and JeeYoung (me!) @simplyeveryblog & Shannon @memoirsofaworkingmom for the PM chat and join us for a fun chat loop!

Have a fabulous week, loves!

link up buttonHOW TO LINK UP:

1. Please subscribe to Simply Every, so you don’t miss a post and a link-up notification (TBD)!

2. Please use the button here (save image) or link back to the link-up in your blog post.
  3. Post your link below.
  4. Check out the other fab mama bloggers in the link-up and make some new friends!

link up

29 Comments

1. I’m glad you had such a fun weekend! Hopefully you got lots of quiet, uninterrupted sleep! I can’t wait to go to Vegas with my hubby. He’s never been!

Btw, LOVE those shoes!

2. Danielle wrote:

Girl, you looked amazing in those Vegas outfits! I love the white shorts, black top one the best! 🙂 So when can you style me… 😉

Published 10.3.16
  3. I am jealous of your weekend!! Cute outfits too!

4. Shahla wrote:

Your Vegas outfits!! So hot my friend!! Just posted for my first linkup (I think! hehe).

5. Emilee W wrote:

Love it!! What a fun trip and I’m loving your Vlooks! Super cute!

6. Kim wrote:

HOT MAMA! I am loving those outfits – especially that dress! Gorgeous!

Published 10.3.16
  7. Congrats on your fab trip with your sweetie. That is so important! Love the fashion snippets too.
    The How-to Guru

Published 10.3.16
  8. Love your Vega outfits! So glad you had an amazing time!

9. Jenna wrote:

Sounds like you had a blast and I’m glad you could get away to recharge. I love the Cirque du Soleil shows too and try to see them every chance I get!

Cheers, J

10. jehava wrote:

Looks like such a fun time! Awesome trip and love your style!

11. Lauren wrote:

Looks like an amazing trip! Wasn’t ‘O’ so good?!

Published 10.3.16
  12. Your outfits LLLOOOOVEEE! and Las Vegas is on my one day bucket list for sure!

Published 10.3.16
  13. Seriously, though – your hair looks amazing in these pictures! Makes me want to take a minute for myself and straighten my hair like I used to!

Published 10.3.16
  14. We love Vegas! Looks like you had an awesome trip. Love your outfit choices. Thank you for hosting the link up party.

Published 10.3.16
  15. That yellow dress is adorable!

16. cara wrote:

Looks like a fun trip to Vegas! Love all your outfits, so cute!

Published 10.3.16
  17. woohoo, I linked up! And I’m thinking you look so familiar JeeYoung! I must’ve read another of your blogs at some point? Am I just having a crazy brain moment? lol Anyway, that is a wonderful Vegas surprise for your hubby! I still haven’t been to Vegas, but I definitely want to go. I always hear the buffets are so yummy. I think your outfit with the skirt is my favorite!

18. Kim S wrote:

Vegas is the best and you look amazing!! I linked up and followed everyone! 🙂

Published 10.3.16
  19. Girl, you look stunning! Hope you and the hubby enjoyed yourselves. And thanks for hosting the link up

20. Luz wrote:

I loved your outfits!!

21. Bridget wrote:

Looks like you had a great time! And the food looks amazing! Love all your outfits too, great choices!

22. Emily wrote:

You guys look great. So well rested!!! ;). Glad you had an awesome anniversary trip!! xx

23. Angela Kim wrote:

Sounds like an awesome trip! We used to go to Vegas a lot when kids were old enough to go but young enough not to be busy with school but now it seems impossible! Glad you had a wonderful time with hubby. Much deserved!

Published 10.4.16
  24. Stefanie wrote:

I’m so jealous! Your weekend was a million times better than mine!

Published 10.4.16
  25. Liz wrote:

This looks like such a fun trip!! Definitely need to add it to the list!

Published 10.4.16
  26. Rochelle wrote:

You look beautiful ! I’m in need of a Vegas trip soon ! I love going in October ! Maybe after the move !

Published 10.4.16
  27. I’m totally living vicariously through you! My husband and I were just saying that we need a Vegas trip after this baby. And you look smokin hot! Love those lace shorts.

Published 10.5.16
  28. You look so cute! Wishing I was a mama right about now…that link up looks so fun!

Coming Up Roses