I’m so honored that Simply Every has been nominated for the Liebster Award by the gorgeous Keala over at Recipe for a Sweet Life. We found each other’s blogs as followers on Instagram and I’ve loved getting to know her, her two adorable boys, and this great blogging community. Check her blog out and show her some love!
In the blogging world, the Liebster award is an online recognition given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit new up and coming blogs within our writing community.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
- I don’t have a middle name. It’s not common in Korea and my parents never gave us English names, so I just have my first (Korean) name!
- I am double jointed. My fingers flex in a weird way and my arms bow out naturally when I’m leaning against something. I didn’t notice the arm thing until D asked me if there was something wrong with my arm one day during our dating years. Haha, oh that husband of mine.
- I have an obsession with numerical things ending in a 0, 5, or even number. Like the volume setting on our TV must end in a 0, 5, or even number. I know, I’m weird.
- My favorite color is yellow, it always has been since I was a kid. It’s such a happy color! But, I own almost no articles of clothing with yellow. I’m trying to change that right now.
- I am allergic to cats. I love kittens, but they’re a no-go territory for me.
- Back to the name thing – I’m the only one in the world with my name. Seriously. Korean First Name + (Long) Polish Last Name? Yep, definitely only one of me in the world.
- I love getting my hair done. I have a ton of it. I get bored with it easily. Every few months I’ll go for a color change or chop. I just chopped off 10 inches a couple of months ago.
- I love to cook, but I such at baking. I season by hand and I don’t do well with measurements and recipes!
- I was a latch key kid (with my younger bro) since our elementary school days. Oh how the times have changed, this will never happen with my kids.
- I love Justin’s new album. I’m a Belieber. (OMG I can’t believe I just wrote that.)
- I am terrified of heights and roller coasters. I’ve ridden them (and never will again.)
Here are the questions Keala asked of me:
1.) Why did you decide to blog?
I’ve blogged on and off since the good ole’ days of Xanga and Livejournal. It was always more like an online journal, but I made great friends back in the day. I kind of fell off the blogging wagon when I got married and had the boys. I work at home and write for my day job and it’s always been a passion of mine to write for myself. I woke up one morning last month and decided to go for it!
2.) How did you decide what your blog was going to be about?
I think I’m still trying to figure my voice out, but I figured I’d write about my every day life! It’s the most natural for me to write about and be myself to my audience.
3. ) What is your favorite thing to write about? Is there anything you won’t write about; that is “off-limits”?
I’m trying to make a habit of getting dressed every day (in real adult clothes), I love cooking (most days), and my boys (and hubby) are the center of my world, so you’ll see bits and pieces of all those topics around here. My off-limits topics are probably anything that seems intrusive of my kids.
4.) What is your favorite time of day and why?
I was never a morning person, but since I’ve been married (and most definitely since I’ve become a mom), the early hours in the morning are my favorite. The days that I’m a functioning human being, I feel so alive and ready to take on the world! The few minutes that I have with D before we fall asleep to catch up on the day’s happenings is also another favorite time of day!
5.) If you could spend one hour with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and what would you talk about?
Sandra Day O’Connor, she was someone I looked up to growing up when I was aspiring to be a lawyer/judge (I didn’t become one). But I’ve always wanted to have a conversation with her about her career. I also want to see my grandpa again. He passed away when I was in high school and I wish he could’ve met D and the kids. He loved to travel all over the world and there are so many places I wish I could’ve taken him.
6.) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Korea! My mom’s side of the family lives there and I haven’t seen them since I visited back in college over ten years ago. I’d love to take D and the kids to show them around and feed them all of the delicious foods! We’re hoping to go in a couple of years.
7.) Do you read? Who is your favorite author?
I’ve always been a bookworm. My favorite is Roald Dahl and JK Rowling. Duh, for obvious reasons. I’ve been reading Jenny Han’s books recently. (Clearly I’m a 16 year old teenage girl.)
8.) What’s your favorite thing to do to relax?
Getting a massage or my hair done zones me out, but recently I’ve found it really cathartic to get a workout in at the gym. It’s my time to decompress and just be myself. It’s odd though because I’ve never been the workout person! I’m trying to stay fit and healthy to keep up with my boys!
9.) Do you live near where you grew up? Why did you leave/stay?
I work in the town I grew up and D is also from the same town (totally coincidence). We are both very close to our parents and our careers have kept us near our hometowns. While we loathe the long winter season, we love being near our family and nothing beats a Michigan summer on the lake!
10.) What would you like to blog about that you haven’t yet? Why haven’t you?
So much! Being a new blogger, there’s so many topics running around in my head. I just haven’t been able to sort them all out and put them down in a cohesive, readable fashion. I’ll get to it one of these days.
11.) What is your favorite post that you have written and posted? Why?
My recent post has to be my favorite so far, just because of the raw feelings behind my words. I feel it when I re-read the post. The feeling of helplessness when we see our children hurt is such a strong emotion.
Bloggers I have chosen to nominate:
- Lindsey at Happily Lindsey
- Alexie at Always Alexie
- Dee at Enjoy Mamahood
- Amanda at Delightfully Impatient
All of these beautiful ladies are so sweet and I love getting to know them as I build my mom tribe. I genuinely enjoy following each of them regularly. They are all amazing women and I encourage you to follow them also!
Ladies, my (random) questions for you are:
- If you could eat anything right now at this very moment, what would it be?
- What do you like blogging about the most?
- Would you want to be famous, if so, in what way?
- When is the last time you sang out loud? What song?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- What do you value most in a friendship?
- What is your favorite feature about yourself?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What would you be your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
- What is your most treasured memory?
Thanks for reading and be sure to check everyone out! I look forward to reading all of your posts too!